[IP] Re: stomach sites

In a message dated 4/2/2002 4:08:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Hi, i have been injecting for over 30 years in my stomach area. Have now
 on the pump for a year, and have always used my stomach area. Its just out
 habit. Was going to try a new area. I was wondering if anyone switched from
 there stomach area and if so where did you try and what worked. Am i hurting
 myself by using the same area. i do switch from left to right and different
 areas on my stomach. thanks Eileen >>

Hi Eileen,

Good idea to switch and use new spots, to protect against tissue hardening,
scarring etc. I started using new spots recently too--top of hips, top of
buttock area have worked well for me. Right over the broadest portion of the
hip bone gets irritated when I sleep on my side, so I try to go above and
behind that spot. I'm getting very flexible, turning around to use sites on
my upper buttocks! But they're fine, absorb well, and don't get irritated or
scar. Good luck--

Laura G.