Re: [IP] Basal vs. Bolus Ratio Mystery

On Wednesday, April 3, 2002, at 08:47  AM, Kim Chaloner wrote:
>  Mine seems to be way off (yes, yes,
> everyone's different....)  My carb ratio works around 1:16  - 1:17 but
> my
> correction bolus is 1: 110.  Could this just be me or does it sound
> like a
> mistake in calculations to you?

For me, Breakfast is 1:20, Lunch & Dinner are 1:10, High Bg is 1:50.
Basals change for work vs. off work days as well for specific events,
like hiking trips.  I  think that your conclusions are correct for you.
I think that it is always good to remember that any publication is
written for  the broadest audience.  The book is a great starting point
for technique and calculation advice, but remember your own experience
is the best.  When I'm completely bewildered that is when I call my endo
for more advice.

Congrats on all your hard work and research, I'm sure that it will pay

Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '95, MM507 since '98