[IP] Basal vs. Bolus Ratio Mystery

I have been reading J. Walsh's Pumping Insulin and trying to figure out my
correction and carb ratios.  Here's my problem:  the ratios seem
correlated in the book, and I would imagine they should be within a
certain range of each other.  (Like the initial trial of 1:15 carb/1:30
correction you get from MDs).  Mine seems to be way off (yes, yes,
everyone's different....)  My carb ratio works around 1:16  - 1:17 but my
correction bolus is 1: 110.  Could this just be me or does it sound like a
mistake in calculations to you?

Thanks in advance for your ideas and advice!