[IP] Type 1 or Type 2?

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabeted December 26 2001. I was led to believe
by several different doctors that I was type 2. When I first visited my
endocrinologist, I asked him if I would be on insulin for the rest of my
life. He then told me that I would only be on it "for now". Well, when I went
last week to see this doctor, I asked him if he would do the test to see how
much insulin I produce. He then told me that since I was ketoacidosis that
I'm type 1 and the test would be pointless. I have had several different
opinions about this. Some people say that type 2 can go in dka, some say that
only type 1 can. I have switched doctors but that appointment isn't until May
1st. Will someone please tell me what to believe!!?