Re: [IP] paradigm

Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 15:07:36 -0500
From: Billie Sue Parker <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] paradigm

Does anyone know the process of upgrading?  I have a MiniMed 507 that I have had since October of
97.  This year will be five years so my warranty is getting ready to run out.  Should I be
concerned with that?  Is there a process of upgrading after the warranty is up?

Billie
-----------
My response:
Billie,
I was in the same boat as you - I had a 507, and the warranty ran out.  Basically you have to buy
a new pump.  MM will give you $400 against your copay when you send them your 507 after you get
your paradigm.
I called my CDE who works with MM, and she got me the paperwork and the doctor's statement that
you need to get insurance to pay for it.  It's pretty similar to what you went through when you
got your first one.  If you don't have a contact at MM, just call their 800 number and find out
who your sales rep is.
You will love the changes - the menu, scrolling bolus history, remote control, 'easy' bolus
(pushing buttons without having to look at the pump), etc. etc.  It's great!
Linda