RE: [IP] Pump issue for those who use less than 25 units/day

Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:08:14 -0600
From: Molly Gilmore-Baldwin <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Pump issue for those who use less than 25 units/day

In the pump comparison at
http://www.insulinpump.cc/pumpscomparison.htm, it says at the end of
the chart, under "who should not use this pump," that several of the
pumps -- including both Minimed pumps -- are bad choices for people
who use less than 25 units of insulin per day. I currently use about
30, so this might not be a concern for me (though I understand
insulin use may decrease on the pump), but I'm curious what the
problem is. Other than this cryptic statement, the Paradigm is my
pump of choice.

Are those of you with a low insulin requirement using MM pumps having
any problems?

Thanks very much for any help.
My answer:
I have been using a MM pump for 6 1/2 years. I use between 21 and 27 units /day, and have not had
any problems.  I have a Paradigm now.
My basal rate varies from .2 to .8.  My meal boluses are between 3 and 6 units depending on what I
eat.  And of course there are corrections now and then.

Do You Yahoo!?