[IP] Re: Regular insulin

> Jan do you recall rolling the NPH in a square bottle with a round bottle
> regular? I can still hear my mother's wedding ring clicking on the glass
> bottle. Roger C

Yeppers, Roger - sure do!!!  And the Protamine Zinc I believe had 8-sided
shoulders. This was so DMers who had poor eyesight would not get the bottles
confused if taking 2 kinds. They'd grab by the feel of the vial. Do you also
recall that they had diff. colored labels and stoppers? This was back in the
u40, then u80 days. I think they all went round when they went u100. I know
a lot of people were upset about the change.

As far as the wedding ring clicking (maybe that's why I like the MiniMed
clicks) LOL  I heard not too long ago of someone who went to symposium or
something or other and they were shown the *remains* of the NPH vial was
pretty strong - due to not vigorously shaking! They said most people do not
shake it hard enough to fully suspend all the particles, therefore, the
strength is diff at the end. hmmmmmmm

Back in my early years, no one discussed anything with me - I just heard
inuendos, etc.  I had to figure some things out in my own childsized brain -
like as my insulin needs went up I was getting worse and death was coming
sooner. When I was switched to u80 from u40 I thought I had to take 2x as
much - not so, it was half the amount. It wasn't until after I was married
(7/60) and perhaps when the u100 came out at one point and I couldn't figure
how much to take. Hugsband convinced me that the units didn't change, the
strength did. Why couldn't a doctor have worked with me sometime before
that. It can be a lonely disease! YMMV (~_^)

Aren't you glad you asked??? ;)

Ever notice that the people who are late are often much jollier than the
people who have to wait for them?