Re: [IP] Pump Sets

In a message dated 4/2/2002 8:54:39 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have used both, and went back to the sils.   I loved the quick set
>  and found I could
>  use it on more areas of my body because I could connect / disconnect with
> one hand, but they pull
>  out too easily.  I had to put extra tape over them, and still had one come
> out (pulling on my
>  pants).  I can't deal with that - especially when it happens away from
>  If they could figure
>  out a way to make them stick tighter, I would switch back.

My daughter uses some Mastisol (a liquid adhesive we "paint" on with a q-tip
before insertion) under her Quick-sets and has no problems with the sets
staying "stuck" for three full days+ with no problem, even when on vacation
an spending lots of time at the beach and in the ocean.  Besides the fact
that most of the adhesives on the tapes & dressings you can add to help keep
a set on seem to irritate her skin, for her it seemed (when we experimented
in the beginning) the more tapes or dressings we used to try and hold on the
set, the more it seemed to what to come off .  .  . so, for her, just using a
little Mastisol seems to do the trick.

Pumpmama to Katie