RE: [IP] The Panic Room

I'm going to see it tonight, but I had to chime in about the way diabetics
are portrayed on TV and movies, etc.  I remember a Mod Squad episode (that
far back!!!) that had a diabetic taking a shot in a restroom, someone
walking in on her, and yelling about her being a drug addict.  Of course,
the show had her giving the insulin into a vein like an addict.  When I was
diagnosed, I was so afraid because I didn't want to have to strap up my arm
and put a needle in my vein every day.

I've seen things since, about young diabetics stepping on glass and not
feeling it, without the explanation of care and neuropathy.  It just makes
you wonder, are we so ordinary <grin> that they have to make things up?

Just my .02!!!