Re: [IP] pregnancy

At 7:53 PM -0500 4/1/02, Julie Britt wrote:
>I hate to sound stupid, but what is a perinatologist?

Another term that I hear interchanged with perinatologist is
"high-risk ob." My perinatologists' patients usually had a
condition--such as DM--that complicated pregnancy, a history of
recurrent miscarriage or loss, or were simply over age 35. These are
just some examples of people who see perinatologists.

Like a previous poster, I used a regular ob. for my first pregnancy,
but I felt like I could have used a doctor who knew more about DM and
pregnancy, so I switched for subsequent pregnancies.

Jenny Nash
email @ redacted
Type 1 diabetes since 1/31/73, pumping on a D. since 10/3/95.