From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 9:41 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] 504 and adult college students

<<...but you can still be sure that IF you
are out sick for a length of time, and you miss assignments and tests,
will be able to make them up when you are feeling better.>>

If only this would have been posted last week....
       Last Thursday morning I had a class at 8, so I had to get up at
When I got up I was 251 (which was actually pretty low for a morning
for me) so I took my normal 50 units of NPH and 6 units of Humalog (2
brings me down 50 points).   Then when I got home at 9 I tested again
and I
was 289! This was pretty strange since Humalog always works after 2
So I took 6 more units of Humalog.  Then I tested at 11 and I was 89.  I
fine and the next thing I remember is waking up in my roommates room
with the
paramedics standing over me!  Apparently I had a seizure in my room and
out of my bed and hit my head on the tile windowsill.  Well, they called
paramedics and when they got there my blood sugar was so low that it
register on their meter!  Well, after a while they got an IV started and
my blood sugar back up.  I didn't want to go to the hospital since I was
feeling better and there was going to be someone home with me all day.
I emailed all of my professors to let them know that I was not going to
back in class until Tuesday.  All of them were fine with that and said
it would be no problem making up the work that I missed and I would get
attendance points.  That is all except for one of them.  She said that
order to get a chance to make up the points and get the attendance
back I would have to bring in the bill from the paramedics.  Well, I
know if this is true or not, but someone told me that if the paramedics
take you anywhere, that you don't get a bill.  Does anyone know if this
true?  Right now, I have a bracelet that the paramedics put on that says
Orange County EMS so I am hoping that it will due until I get a bill (if
get one).  So if anyone knows what I can do please let me know.  Thanks.
Sorry this was so long.