Re: [IP] 504 and adult college students

<<...but you can still be sure that IF you
are out sick for a length of time, and you miss assignments and tests, you
will be able to make them up when you are feeling better.>>

If only this would have been posted last week....
       Last Thursday morning I had a class at 8, so I had to get up at 7.
When I got up I was 251 (which was actually pretty low for a morning reading
for me) so I took my normal 50 units of NPH and 6 units of Humalog (2 units
brings me down 50 points).   Then when I got home at 9 I tested again and I
was 289! This was pretty strange since Humalog always works after 2 hours.
So I took 6 more units of Humalog.  Then I tested at 11 and I was 89.  I felt
fine and the next thing I remember is waking up in my roommates room with the
paramedics standing over me!  Apparently I had a seizure in my room and fell
out of my bed and hit my head on the tile windowsill.  Well, they called the
paramedics and when they got there my blood sugar was so low that it wouldn't
register on their meter!  Well, after a while they got an IV started and got
my blood sugar back up.  I didn't want to go to the hospital since I was
feeling better and there was going to be someone home with me all day.  Well,
I emailed all of my professors to let them know that I was not going to be
back in class until Tuesday.  All of them were fine with that and said that
it would be no problem making up the work that I missed and I would get the
attendance points.  That is all except for one of them.  She said that in
order to get a chance to make up the points and get the attendance points
back I would have to bring in the bill from the paramedics.  Well, I don't
know if this is true or not, but someone told me that if the paramedics don't
take you anywhere, that you don't get a bill.  Does anyone know if this is
true?  Right now, I have a bracelet that the paramedics put on that says
Orange County EMS so I am hoping that it will due until I get a bill (if I
get one).  So if anyone knows what I can do please let me know.  Thanks.
Sorry this was so long.