[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IP] 504 and adult college students

> I see all of the talk about minor school aged children
> have 504 letters sent to their schools to allow them
> to properly care for their diabetes (glucose testing,
> eating snacks in class when necessary) without school
> officials getting bent out of shape (well I guess that
> is supposed to be the case), but I wonder if the 504
> plan works for adult college students.  Last year, all
> 3 of my professors understood my need to occasionally
> eat a snack in class, infact they didn't care if any
> students ate in class just as long as they weren't
> disrupted about it.  But I had this one professor who
> would not even allow me to chew on gluctabs if

504 is applicable to ANY school that receives federal funds. Your 
age has no bearing on the law. This stuff just happens most of the 
time to kids, not adults. Go to the disabilities office on your 
campus and request a 504 hearing.

email @ redacted
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml