[IP] hope to be pump user

From: Billie Sue Parker <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] hope to be pump user

My insurance company at the time would not pay for me to have a pump until
endo had tried every other thing possible.  I was sick for five months
before I
was approved.  Mine began with my blood sugars dropping and staying to low.
was even put in the hospital and taken off of insulin completely for a
days.  We still don't know what happened, but I put up with the low blood
and testing hourly and giving shots hourly for months.  Anyway, they don't
the large expense unless there is no other option.

I was unaware that the insurance companies obtained a license to practice
medicine in any state except confusion. Seems to me, If your doc ordered it,
they have to pay for it if they like it or not. I don't like paying for a
lot of things but I have either family responsibilities and need to pay for
health insurance despite my desires. I guess when premium time rolls around
you might tell them I don't want to pay the premium, Its a lot of money. How
would they react to that?  I'd tell them tough, we have a contract, I pay
you and you indemnify me. I'd tell them pump or lawyering. there are lawyers
who just do this kind of law, they love cases like yours. Have your doc
write a letter, you need a pump unless he is an HMO wuss who has sold out to
the devil. spot