Re: [IP] Flying--and seat mates

> I just flew in March and nothing eventful happened. As a matter of
> fact, no one even questioned my pump or bg machine, not even SECURITY.

Since 9/11 I have been through security with my pump in the following
airports: JFK, Laguardia, Boston Logan, Green/Providence, San Jose CA,
Detroit, Charlotte SC, Savannah GA and London Heathrow.

NOT ONCE in a U.S. airport was I pulled aside for my pump. I clip it
somewhere out of sight, and it has yet to set off a metal detector, nor have
any of my supplies been given a second look by the x-ray person. Did they
even give it a first look? Probably not.

On the other hand, I was pulled over not once, not twice, but THREE times in
London for my pump. We went through three security check points and it was
detected every time. In fact, at the final check point at the departing
gate, security searched both my bag and my boyfriend's bag thoroughly,
asking me to produce prescription labels for all my supplies. We got through
without any further problems.

And never has a seat mate seemed the slightest bit concerned over my
testing, pumping, or my disgruntlement over the super-size stale bagel they
dish-out for "breakfast."