Re: [IP] Diet Soda - FreeStyle Meter

> In a message dated 4/30/01 11:53:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > These can be "used" strips. The back of the strip exposes a large
> > test area that is untainted with blood from the sample. My daughter
> > often uses her old ones to test sodas. :-) nothing wasted.
> >
> i'm confused!  what do you mean?

When you use the strip, you drop a blob of blood on the "hole" in the
front of the strip. The hole only allows a tiny portion of the apprx
1 cm square of test material to be "contanimated" with the blood
sample. the rest, which is accessable from back of the strip, stays
white and can easily be used to apply a drop of soda pop. Diet will
leave the strip pretty much white -- the blood causes it to
"bleed"(no pun intended) a little toward blue, but regular soda
causes it to turn dark purple immediately.