Re: [IP] Pizza Bolus

In a message dated 4/30/01 7:36:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My daughter has mm 508 and it's hard to bolus for pizza. We do square

the only thing i have found to work for me is to bolus for all the carbs in
the pizza when i eat it and then an hour later set a temp basal for 50%
higher than my normal basal rate and leave it set there for about 6 hours.
it starts kicking in for me about 3 hours later which is four hours after my
pizza and usually catches the high.... if i still do go high, it's not that
high and one correction dose usually helps!  YMMV!
you might want to search the mail archives for this because this is a HOT
good luck!