Re: [IP] Pizza Bolus

   Considering how problematic pizza is almost universally, sounds like this
recipe is well-worth sharing!
   For the record, my daughter finds that if she gives her entire bolus for
the pizza & then ALSO increases her basal rates for the next 4-5 hours about
40% higher (i.e. if she gets .6/hour, she increases it to 1.0 /hr for those
4-5 hours) she can generally avoid that pizza blood sugar rebound. Earlier
"experiments" with square wave, dual wave, etc were all dismal failures. Of
course, as always, YMMV ...or as I prefer to call it, "the snowflake theory"
- no 2 diabetics are alike, ergo no doctor's formulaic approach is going to
work for all patients. By not offering this "disclaimer" up-front, physicians
do immeasureable psychic damage to compliant patients who feel badly for not
having better success!
    Off the soapbox & out to run errands...
Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom)