Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:01:35 -0400
From: "Patrick G. Jobe" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Diet Soda - FreeStyle Meter

In the past there has been discussion about the problem of ordering diet
soda and being served regular instead. I do not have much concern with this
because I can usually tell the difference with the first sip. However,
recently while traveling I had 2 occasions where in retrospect I am pretty
sure I drank the wrong stuff. Because of regional difference in
formula/bottling I was unable detect the switch by taste. Since then I have
done the research and determined how to tell the difference using my
FreeStyle Meter.

Diet (sugar-free) soda (4 brands tested) registers "LO" on the FreeStyle
Meter. Regular (sugar-containing) soda (5 brands tested) registers > 200