Re: [IP] Fat Question Rollercoaster Book

In a message dated 4/29/01 3:39:27 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> .  On the other hand, high fat meals may create
> resistance to insulin for eight to 16 hours after a meal and make the blood
> sugar rise.  Pizza is a good example of this.
> i think this also has to do with the protein in the cheese being converted
to glucose quite a few hours after it is eaten.  It's noted that UP TO 52% of
protein can slowly be converted to glucose, thus the spike in BGs about 4-6
hours after eating pizza, etc.  At least that is when it happens to me!  YMMV!