[IP] Anniversary of diagnosis

My daughter Maggie was diagnosed last May at the age of 12.  I don't have to
tell anyone here what a tough year it has been, but she has been absolutely
wonderful.  Less than 24 hour after her diagnosis she announced that she
would be doing her own injections, took the syringe and gave the injection
without a single hesitation.  She has handled most other situations with the
same determination and courage.   I want to do something to make sure she
knows how proud we are of her, but it certainly is a bittersweet occasion and
I sort of feel a party quite right.
 I would really appreciate suggestions on how others mark the anniversary of
diagnosis and if anyone has done anything for you that was particularly
Molly  Walsh