[IP] Re: DKA & Missed Dx (our story)

Ditto here.
I walked into the the pediatrician's office with a very sick baby and said I
think my son has diabetes.  He looked at me and said "drinking a lot and
peeing a lot -- it's an old wives tale."  He did a quick in office
fingerstick , came in and said I was right and we rushed to Miami Children's
Hospital where my then 15 month old nursing on demand toddler was in severe
DKA..., days in PICU, several days on the regular floor and then home to
manage all that we barely learned the past week.

Very sincerely yours,

Ellen H. Ullman

Mom, Advocate for children who have diabetes and their parents, Friend,
Webmaster...<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/CamelsRFun/index.html">http://members.aol.com/CamelsRFun/index.html  (KidsRPumping)</A>
Please support funding a cure for diabetes: Diabetes Research Institute in
Miami, Florida:  <A HREF="http://www.drinet.org">http://www.drinet.org</A>