[IP] Young&Restless DKA

Well, standard treatment has not changed much since I was treated long ago.
Dialysis is needed when during the later stages of DKA circulatory collapse
occurs. and kidney shutdown occurs. Since you are writing to us brian that did
not happen thank G-d. Also, when this occurs, brain swelling, cerebral edema
is not uncommon. In this case, the prognosis for survival is poor. dka is very
nasty when it progresses beyond the you need admission and to be on a
ventilator. One of my friends lost their 9 year old dau to dka. spot