[IP] Re: Natalee's grades

"J Hughey" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Jan - who didn't go to college because it would have been a waste of
> $$ on someone who was going to die anyway.

Well one DM kid is definetly going to college. Lily made up her mind
at lunch time today and  I'm sitting with her decision letter on
my desk about to send it off to UC San Diego.  -- after all, the
deadline is only a couple of days away. Admittedly, it was a tough
decision for her to make. She returned from a soccer tryout at UCSD
tuesday -- did the same as UC Davis the week before and was accepted
at Berkeley, UCLA, Santa Barbara, and Santa Clara University -- all
with invitations to the various honors societies.  Boo.. hooo.... our
baby is going to leave the nest so soon, but I'm very proud. This
young lady has managed to put her DM in the background and achieved
outstanding acedemic and sports results. Weighted gpa 4.1 something,
SAT's in the top 2% nationally, and the coach at SanDiego
said if she stayed in shape through the summer she would be eligible
for a place on the starting squad AS A FRESHMAN!! Both Lily and I
attribute a great deal of her ability to do this to her pump.
Everything got better when she started pumping -- grades, outlook on
life, and physical abilities. Needless to say many of her friends are
in awe (me too!).