[IP] Re: Teaching kids 911

    I'm impressed, your kids are pretty darn smart (my Dad still can't tell
the difference between hypo and hyper glycemia!).
    My suggestion for teaching kids 911 would be to contact your local school
and the local fire or EMS service.  My home township, during Fire Prevention
week, used to bring a smoke trailer to the schools.  The neat thing was that
the kids could also practice calling 911 on a 'house' phone and it would be
picked up by one of our off duty dispatchers so they would be used to the
police answering the phone.  Granted not every community has those resources,
but maybe between the local school district and the emergency services
something could be arranged to teach all the youngsters in your community
about 911.

Sean (medical student, former firefighter, & EMT)
email @ redacted

"Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a Mystery; Today is a Gift ...
That is why they called the Present!"