[IP] The doc's not interested in pumping...

I am so annoyed!  While calling in the last 5 days of numbers for approval
and adjustment, I also left a message about wanting to get Marit on the pump
by this summer so that it would be all organized and adjusted to while we had
more time before preschool started etc.  While the CDE agreed that the pump
is the way to go for better control, she said that Marit is too young because
(I couldn't believe this LAME excuse) the tape doesn't stick very well to
active kids skin and it irritates some of them some!  Needless to say, this
conversation is not over, but I would like some feedback (ammunition) if I
could get it from people with active kids  and/or young kids about whether
you have had any problems with the tape causing irritation or not being able
to keep the site intact due to activity, etc.  I think it is a lot of bull,
but don't want to go further without some more info.  Oh, and she said that I
should make a better effort to go to a local support group (I have all the
info and will be going when possible) where I can talk to REAL people instead
of the ones I am talking to on the Internet...  Funny, I am a real person,
and I was under the impression that all of you were too, if you aren't, but
want to reply to my concerns, please make a note so I can let her know the
percentage of real people vs. imaginary pretending people who just like to
talk about diseases.....

Mom of Sarah (5) and Marit (3,  diagnosed 2-15-01)
Wife of Tim

As long as there is one upright man, as long as there is one compassionate
woman, the contagion may spread and the scene is not desolate.  Hope is the
thing that is left to us, in a bad time.
                                       -- E. B. White

Please keep my permanent e-mail address email @ redacted in your address
book - all mail to that address is automatically forwarded to my current
provider (email @ redacted)