Re: Natalee [IP] I FINALLY got my pump!

In a message dated 4/27/01 2:17:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have watched Natalee give up on
> this whole thing and so she has paid the price this year of failing her 8th
> grade with straight F's....except in Advanced Choir

       I know exactly what Natalee is going through, I was in
middle school when I started having severe problems with
my diabetes and one of my teachers was so mean and
would never let me eat in class or go to the bathroom when
I felt like I needed to go. My Mom decided to have a meeting
with all of my teachers and most of them understood and
said that they would help me out, but this one teacher sat
there the whole time reading her mail and not even listening
to what my Mom had to say!! She was such a BI**H!!! So,
we ended up having to request a different class because of
it. At first they said I couldn't do it but when my Mom said
she'd get a lawyer, they moved quickly to get me into another
       Just tell Natalee she's not alone. I'm sure I'm not the only
other diabetic that can empathize with her!! I will feel bad if they
do not want to work with her to get her into high school with her
class. Maybe she could go to summer school and make up some
of the work she wasn't able to do before. Have you discussed this
with the teachers/principle?
Hope everything gets better for Natalee!!