Re: [IP] basal questions

> I have put an email in to our endo (yesterday morning and again this
> morning) and have not heard back from him on this yet, so I figured
> I would ask here too. My 10yo daughter's bgs have been running high
> all day for the last couple of weeks so I raised her basals on
> Saturday (a total of about 5-6u.) There has been very little to no
> improvement since then. I am beginning to wonder if she is being
> overinsulinized and *lowering* them might actually be the answer. I
> can't tell if it is that or if this is insulin resistance and we
> need to go up on them even more.
<snip>
Adolescents can have dramatic changes in basal requirements. To
determine what is going on you need to do some fasting bg testing.
I've seen changes in basal requirements of 50% or more in my
daughter -- not for a while now, but when she was younger and going
through growth spurts.

Don't discount a sneaky virus or infection -- this can cause
increased insulin requirements as well.

Michael