Re: [IP] I FINALLY got my pump!

Congrads!!! We also have been fighting to get the pump but we started 2 years
ago. After having to change Endo's and fighting the insurance companies,
Natalee's pump was delivered to her doctors office on Wed. and now we are
patiently waiting on the training for it. I have watched Natalee give up on
this whole thing and so she has paid the price this year of failing her 8th
grade with straight F's....except in Advanced Choir in which the Teacher
understood her fight to maintain her dignity in school and gave her an A+.
She actually went into full acidosis while at a concert and would not go to
the doctors because she would fail the class if the concert was not
completed. As for her other teachers, they cannot understand why she is
absent so often and why it has been hard for her to complete the school year.
I am hoping that I can persuade the school to allow her to go on with her
class to High School, knowing that we should be well on our way with the
pump, thus allowing her to maintain that normal life all teenagers want. I
hope that with you it all works and makes your life easier to handle with
this horrible disease. Sorry this is so long, just found it so easy to vent
once I get going on this thing.
Thanks again,
Mom to Natalee who still has very purple hair and actually is for once
EXCITED about receiving her pump