Re: [IP] RE: Diabetic for a day . . .

I did this when Shannon first started pumping and it really makes
you realize just how much you eat, etc. LOL
(Made me cut down on my snacking, anyway.) It was a real eye
opener for me. When you're done, you'll have a new appreciation
for what diabetics go through (especially pumpers.) Shannon loved
that I was pumping right along with her. I think it's an
excellent thing for you to do and will really help Josh with his
anxiety about site changes!
Hey, it's probably a good thing you're not doing basal testing
right now, eh? Hehehe!
Sylvia said:
 For my time as a DMer/IPer I am using Josh's ratios and bolusing
to what he needs.  I am checking my BGs and recording my boluses
and carbs
just like Josh.  It makes it simple that way and keeps me inline
with Josh.
Oh and I don't know if I said this but I am planning on doing the
pump for
the two weeks that the vial of saline should last!!!  So this is
more than
just a day...

  By the way everyone, the first thing Josh asked me when I got
home today (
he beat me home by a few minutes) was to ask me if I still had
the pump on!
It also surprised him today when the school lady called me about
him being
high at lunch (forgot breakfast bolus) and I told her to tell him
that my
lunch BG was 98.  Oh and I was also informed by both Josh and my
husband that
when I get up to check Josh's BGs in the middle of the night that
they expect
me to check MINE too....HMMMMM...!!!!!  Now for sleeping with the

Take care, Kerri
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos9.html - meet Joseph
Charles, born at home 3/22/01, 11 lbs, 21.5"