[IP] (no subject)

Linda wrote
>The website says "Easy to fill and load reservoirs", so it doesn't sound
> like they will be prefilled.  And it says "Compatible with MiniMed's
> most popular infusion sets (at same price)

well great then...I attended one of those chats with the MNMD reps and they
said that the reservoirs WOULD be pre filled and that the infusion sets would
NOT be compatible...i remember asking if Minimed was gonna have a fire sale
to get rid of all those out of style infusion sets...they didnt see the
humor...

> But you won't get a 511 anyway, because they are calling
> it the Paradigm, and

they can call it FLY ME TO THE MOON ON MY ROCKET INSULIN FILLED SUBCUTANEOUS
INSULIN INFUSION DEVICE for all i care...It is still the 511...a fancy new
name doesnt change the fact that they STILL can't cure diabetes...wow look at
alllll these new fancy bells and whistles we get...the MILLIONS of dollars
spent on product development, marketing, advertising, production...Didn't the
504 (the pump, not the school plan) do pretty much the same thing?  put
insulin into the skin???  sure I love my light...and I KNOW I would love the
vibrator...er....i mean vibrate mode, but it is STILL just a fancy way to get
insulin into us....insulin is NOT a cure....

anyway....just thought I would express my irritation at Minimed...not to
mention the $75 drop in share price.....grrr

Sara