Re: [IP] 511

In a message dated 4/26/01 7:17:22 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<  I do NOT want a 511!!!

A)  The reservoirs will be pre-filled as I understand it and I just BET it
wont have MY personal cocktail of Humalog and Velosulin

B) The connections from reservoir to tubing to catheter will no longer be
interchangeable with the Disetronic/Pureline brands.  You will HAVE to use
the MNMD tubing and all that..I kinda like the idea of being able to buy the
disetronic or pureline version of MNMD's silhouette, if only because COMFORT
and TENDER are easier to type that silhouette!>>

The website says "Easy to fill and load reservoirs", so it doesn't sound like
they will be prefilled.  And it says "Compatible with MiniMed's most popular
infusion sets (at same price)
-Including Sof-set, Sof-set Micro and Silhouette" -- if it fits those,
doesn't it have to fit the other brands too?

But you won't get a 511 anyway, because they are calling it the Paradigm, and
they won't be available for upgrades till February 2002.

Linda Z