In a message dated 4/26/01 10:11:46 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< before i ate at 5:00 i was 113.  i went to the mall and went to this
 restaurant where i had about
 3 pieces of arricharria (strip steak cut very thin)
 3 corn tortillas  (9CHO each)
 1/2 C beans  (played it safe at 15)
 1 C rice   (books said 90!  i used 45CHO, thank God)
 after that i had.....yes you got it... a Cinnabon!!  this time i bolused for
 106 carbs insted of 114 like i did last time cuz i ran "kind of" low.  i did
 it over 1/2 hour as i did the above.  >>

Gina, are you only programming your square wave for 1/2 hour? If so, that's
much too short! Try programming it for 2-4 hours. When I eat high-fat, I take
about half my bolus immediately and square-wave the rest over 2-4 hours. If
you are only programming for half an hour and the fat is slowing down carb
absorption, the carbs are hitting you too fast.

Jan and Elvis