Re: [IP] Request experiences: Lorazepam (Ativan) and/or Effexor

>Darrin,
>      I take Ativan and a woman I was in a support group
>with took the Effexor. Neither one of us had problems
>with the drugs and our bs.
>
>Hope this helps a little.
>Elizabeth
>
>PS....I hope you are still wanting to stay on the pump
>Darrin. If it weren't for you, I'd never have started when
>I did. Because you told us all you started without the
>help of a doctor, I figured I could do it too. I did and I'm
>happy I did. I'm glad I didn't wait for them to give me the
>go ahead, I had already waited so long. So I urge you...
>plead with you to NOT quit. We all hit stumbling
>blocks at one point or another in our lives and we just
>need to learn to get over the hump and move on. You
>are a good person with a lot going for you and pumping
>is just another plus. It will take a little time to smooth
>out the rough spots but you'll do it. I have faith in you,
>and so do so many others on this list!!!!

Elizabeth,

Thanks so much for your encouraging words.  You don't know how much they
mean.  AS for the pump and all else; after a four year battle with business
stuff and all esle I feel burnt out and want a vaction after working 7 days
a week for four years and I guess it's showing. Anyway the pshycologist i
see who asked me to research the above drugs for another patient is telling
me to get right back to a job.  I'm angry everytime I see people whon have
days off and vactaoins.  Prior to last fourn years I worled 80 hors a week
in thenfailed business so I want a break... ...sorry

I do thank you for sharing your expereinces wiht teh above drugs.  This may
be of helkp.  I hope others reply as well since this is so important for
this guy.  I and the pshycologist suspect his uncontrolable bg's are
partially due tothe meds.

Thansk again Elizabeth;  I congratulate you on your work with teh pump.  I
hope all's going OK for you.  Thanks again!

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!

MDI!
To date:   54% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  * First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 *   (N = 4.3 - 5.8).