Re: [IP] Request experiences: Lorazepam (Ativan) and/or Effexor

>      I take Ativan and a woman I was in a support group
>with took the Effexor. Neither one of us had problems
>with the drugs and our bs.
>Hope this helps a little.
>PS....I hope you are still wanting to stay on the pump
>Darrin. If it weren't for you, I'd never have started when
>I did. Because you told us all you started without the
>help of a doctor, I figured I could do it too. I did and I'm
>happy I did. I'm glad I didn't wait for them to give me the
>go ahead, I had already waited so long. So I urge you...
>plead with you to NOT quit. We all hit stumbling
>blocks at one point or another in our lives and we just
>need to learn to get over the hump and move on. You
>are a good person with a lot going for you and pumping
>is just another plus. It will take a little time to smooth
>out the rough spots but you'll do it. I have faith in you,
>and so do so many others on this list!!!!

Thanks so much for your encouraging words.  You don't know how much they
mean.  AS for the pump and all else; after a four year battle with business
stuff and all esle I feel burnt out and want a vaction after working 7 days
a week for four years and I guess it's showing. Anyway the pshycologist i
see who asked me to research the above drugs for another patient is telling
me to get right back to a job.  I'm angry everytime I see people whon have
days off and vactaoins.  Prior to last fourn years I worled 80 hors a week
in thenfailed business so I want a break... ...sorry

I do thank you for sharing your expereinces wiht teh above drugs.  This may
be of helkp.  I hope others reply as well since this is so important for
this guy.  I and the pshycologist suspect his uncontrolable bg's are
partially due tothe meds.

Thansk again Elizabeth;  I congratulate you on your work with teh pump.  I
hope all's going OK for you.  Thanks again!

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!

To date:   54% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  * First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 *   (N = 4.3 - 5.8).