Re: [IP] Sites besides my stomach?

In a message dated 4/26/01 9:55:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  I haven't had the nerve to try a breast
> site yet - but one of these days...  <g>
> Sammi

NO NO NO....Sammi or any other female on this list (Ok, guys too but not too
common that you have enough tissue there) DON'T use your breasts for your
sites!!! What may happen is you may get a lump or something could happen
where scar tissue forms where your site was and when you go in for a
mammogram, the technician may see the lump/scar tissue and think it is
something else. It's not really the best idea to use your breasts. Stick to
your legs, tummy, hips and tushie!!!
(Just what my doc, CDE and nurse ALL told me!!!)
All my best,
Elizabeth   >^..^<
dx 10-01-81 (Florida) type 1
Currently pumping with 'TinkerBell'
(my Dis Htron) awaiting the arrival
of 'Bruno' (my back ordered Dis Dtron)
Also with 'Freddy'(FreeStyle blood meter) and
Hopefully (still) getting 'Skippy' (MM508)
Started pumping on my own 4-21-01 and am
SO happy I did!!! My sugars are GREAT!!!