[IP] 511

Jennifer wrote
> doctor told me that anyone that orders the 508 after March 1st, 2001
> will automatically get the 511 sometime this summer

EGAD!!!!!  Do I have serious problems with this!!!  I do NOT want a 511!!!

A)  The reservoirs will be pre-filled as I understand it and I just BET it
wont have MY personal cocktail of Humalog and Velosulin

B) The connections from reservoir to tubing to catheter will no longer be
interchangeable with the Disetronic/Pureline brands.  You will HAVE to use
the MNMD tubing and all that..I kinda like the idea of being able to buy the
disetronic or pureline version of MNMD's silhouette, if only because COMFORT
and TENDER are easier to type that silhouette!

C) My 507 expired this past march...i am living on borrowed time now...what
if I need a new pump TOMORROW!!  do i have towait until late summer to get

D) Heck I don't even want a 508.  If I wanted a device that vibrated, it sure
wouldn't be
an insulin pump   }-}

heh heh
Sara SP