Re: [IP] I gone on the pump & Diabetic for a Day

In a message dated 4/26/01 10:50:32 AM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted
>   Yes,  I am checking BGs every time I know it 'needs' to be done and even

sylvia, Josh is SO LUCKY to have a mother like you!  you have touched my
heart in so many ways through the things you do for your son and you make ME
proud to know YOU and make me proud of JOSH through your deep connection with
him and your postings!  I love ya, gurlie!  LOL...
now, i was going to put my boyfriend (or ex, whatever you want to call him)
on the pump for a day with saline and i told him he has to be diabetic for a
day to understand some of my frustrations (plus he's willing to do anyting i
say since i broke up with him so this might help educate him...LOL).  what
i'mwondering is how many of you have done this with someone, had them be
diabetic for a day?  how did you determine who to consider highs and lows?
did you set some kind of range or criteria for them to be considered low and
have to treat it?
this sounds interesting and i cannot wait to do it..... btw, he's not going
on the pump cuz i forget i dont have a backup... i'll just make him diabetic
for a day!