[IP] I gone on the pump!

To all my family here on the list....I hope I don't offend anyone by telling
you what I have done...........

  I went on the pump this morning!  Josh has the backup pump so I dcided last
night, after he really balked at getting anew site again last night, that I
needed to go on the pump and see what it is like.  I had a bottle of Saline
unopened (Gina, I guess now I'm glad I never sent it to you!) and I knew in
my heart and my head that I NEEDED this and so did Joshua.

  When he saw me getting the stuff out for a site change this morning I
thought he was goig to get really upset.  Until I told him he was going to
put a site into me!!!!!!
So I loaded the cartridge, set a flat basal rate and clock, and had Josh do
all the prep and the site insertion, taped it and did the 0.5 bolus ON
ME!!!!!!!  I did not do anything escept the cartridge and priming the tubing
(he needed to finish geting ready for school.

  I must tell you that even though there was a slight sting on isertion (and
YES, my stomach got pretty tight and uptight in anticipation) I think that
the finger pokes hurt SOOOOO much more.

  Yes,  I am checking BGs every time I know it 'needs' to be done and even
have a little log book that we don't use to write everything down.

  I have enough saline for atleast two cartridges so I will be on the pump
for atleast two weeks, maybe a little longer.  But Josh needed this, and so
did I.  I think he was nervous when he had to do the insertion on me, but BOY
was he very professional about the whole thing...............  I'm SOOOOOOO
proud!

Hope this doesn't offend anyone.  I just knew I had to do this!  Thanks for
all your support and understanding!

Sylvia
mom to Joshua
pumping saline 4/26