Re: [IP] PUH--LEASE!!!

In a message dated 4/25/01 6:27:12 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  If we expect to HELP our cause, as well as Ryan's, we do not want to look
 > like a bunch of cockamamie, trigger happy, fools!
 > As one who is wont to REACT first and think second, I urge you all NOT to
 > write nasty letters to this principal, or flood his school office with
 > calls.  There are proper ways to make things happen, and harassing the
 > underpaid secretary who answers the phone at this school or pissing anyone
 I understand about the phone call thing and the "nasty" part.  But I
 wanted to ask if you thought writing to them at all (even with nice
 letters) is the wrong tactic too.   ? >>

IMO, writing in an attempt to correct an inequity is always proper. However,
if we are to be respected, then we must write with respect. I just read your
letter. It was very good. Also, by relating a personal experiece, you pointed
out the dangers of hypoglycemia. It was done in a respectful, educational,
well-thought-out way. You did not call them names. You obviously took care
with how you worded the letter. My hat is off to you for a job well-done.

Curtis, Sammi, and others whose names I, sadly, don't recall, also wrote
well-thought-out, informative and educational letters. Unfortunately, one of
us did not. That is the letter that may be best-remembered and may cause to
person to whom it is addressed to think of all of us in a negative light.
Which is precisely what we *don't* want.

But you -- ya done good.

Jan and Elvis