[IP] discrimination at school

I am quite surprised that they don't allow him to even carry glucose tablets.
 When I was in school my mom would call each of my teachers individually and
tell them of my situation and they were more than happy to keep a juice box
or candy in their desk drawer for me and all I had to do was tell the teacher
that I thought I was low and they would give me what I needed.  I understand
the not being able to eat in the classroom but I'm sure they could make a
special exception for this child.  It's not like he would be doing it every
day.  This is so ridiculous.