[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #86

"How did you hear about pumping and what caused you to want to use one?"

I think I read about them in "Diabetes Self Management"  and told my Dr
(internist) that I wanted one because I needed better control and was tired
of all the shots.  He sent me to an Endo who checked me out and went over my
report for a couple of months and then prescribed it.  His CDE went over
everything and then introduced me to a Disetronic trainer.  A few months ago
I tried going back to U and H because of the expense of the pump (no
insurance anymore),  lasted about 1 1/2 weeks and went back to pump for
better control in a hurry.  I don't think I'll try that again if I can help
it. <G>  I have one year and 3 months until I can go on Medicare and that
(hopefully) will be some help with the medical bills.
Fight Spam! Join CAUCE! == http://www.cauce.org/