I don't know if anyone will even read these letters, but here's what I wrote
to the principal.

Dear Sir,

I am a first grade teacher in Pennsylvania, who is also a diabetic.  I am
well aware of the school violence scares going on around us today.  However,
the situation with Ryan Wellhoefer seems to have gotten out of hand.
Obviously, I don't know this child so I have no way of judging his
character.  This could be a very delicate situation if he is an "at risk"
student.  However, if the boy is simply a student trying to graduate -and
who happens to have diabetes- then it would seem to me that the school could
make allowances.  As a diabetic who went through Jr. High and High School,
then back to school as a teacher, I KNOW how difficult it can be to handle
everything in addition to managing this disease.  The best way to manage
diabetes is with frequent testing of your blood sugars.  Please think about
this information.

Thank you,

Mrs. Heather Brooks
email @ redacted