[IP] Conserving batteries

>>>The first prime is supposed to be 5.0 U before the needle is inserted. I
think the reason is to make sure it is functioning properly. >>>

To conserve battery power, push the 5u prime in the tubing through by hand
until you see a drip come out the cannula. Then, when inserting the reservoir
into the pump (MMs anyway), make sure the levers are firmly against the end of
the res. and prime some more until you see the drip come out and know any
slack is removed by this pressure. This occurs for me from 0.5-2.0 units.
THEN, after insertion, the 0.5u prime goes inside to fill the space the
introducer needle took up inside the cannula for the Sof-Set I use.  I learned
this from the 'net cuz I always ran 300s after insertions when I started using
Sof-Sets since the straight needles we bent ourselves didn't need that. (~_^)