This is my email to Ryan's school......

Dear Sir,

I am the mother of a diabetic child.  I understand the need and necessity of
the meter, glucose and insulin.  I also know that diabetes IS covered by the
Americans with Disabilities Act.

I feel that from what I have heard, the situation with Ryan Wellhoefer is
completely out of hand and wrong.  Any child with a disability needs to be
treated with respect and admiration as they have much more to overcome than
"normal" children.  You would not ask a child with a wheel chair to leave it
in the nurse's office to prevent injury to other children.

A child with diabetes is "disabled" and should receive the same respect as any
other disabled child.  Ryan should not be suspended, and the school district
should review their policies for the mistreatment of a child with diabetes
before they are hit with a major discrimination law suit.

thank you for you time on this matter,

Melissa Cahill
610 Jessica Place
Bastrop, Texas  78602
Mother to Rachel, diagnosed at 18 months old