Re: [IP] "discrimination" at school. Not about pumping

In a message dated 4/25/01 12:49:30 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Ryan is not allowed to carry a glucose meter nor glucose tablets with him,
> nor
> is he allowed to eat in class, even if he is having a low.  If he feels
> "low"

WHAT????????  that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard!  would
they rather he die in the classroom or not make it to the nurse's office?
this is absolutely insane!  i'm writing my letter now!  and to fine him for
having an insulin pen, the thing that keeps him alive?????  what the #(()#@&
*$()@&* is going on in these schools?
ps   Jan, sorry for the repeats on the question marks, but i'm just furious! <