Re: [IP] My ob visit yesterday

The measurement is in centimeters and it should roughly correlate
with your weeks gestation (within 2cms either direction.) Lots of
things can make that measurement larger or smaller though - too
much amniotic fluid (which, btw, is common with diabetes), not
enough amniotic fluid, size and position of the baby, singles or
multiples, size/build of the mom, etc. I measure right on for
dates except when I'm having a large baby and then I measure
2-4cms ahead. This last time though, I measured 6+cms ahead and
he ended up being a whopper - 11 lbs (I am 5'2" and normally
125-130 lbs). That last 1-2mos I had to wear clogs as I couldn't
bend or reach to get shoes on anymore (I was HUGE), so I can
relate. :)
Sounds like things will be happening for you soon! Keep us
Sherry said:
Well I had another visit with the ob yesterday afternoon.  It
turns out my
blood pressure wasn't as high as I thought.  He didn't seem as
worried about
it as I was.  But he did say my tummy measurement should be a 35
but is
actually a 42.  (feet, inches, whatever, I don't know...)
So next week when I come back we will schedule an ultrasound and
see how big
Babyzilla is and make the decisions then. I will be close to 37
weeks by that
I tell you, I'm getting sooo tired.  I got exhausted putting on
my shoes this
morning.  I don't bend in the middle anymore and my arms are
short.  It was an
I'll keep you updated if anything else comes up!

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
Awaiting word on the arrival of Babyzilla

Take care, Kerri
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos9.html - meet Joseph
Charles, born at home 3/22/01, 11 lbs, 21.5"