Re: prior to home glucose monitors Re: [IP] Re: Mom's reactions to Sherry's p...

In a message dated 4/24/01 2:23:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  really liked the analogy because that's exactly what it was like
> for me - you didn't know to change your dosage unless your blood sugars
> swung far enough either way to produce symptoms.
> Sorry I have no idea where i read the analogy, but it's always stuck with
> me.
> (and I had a similar experience last year when I lost my blood tester and
> was stuck without one for almost 24 hours...what a horrible horrible

i really like that analogy too!  it's just sooooo true!  i'm happy that the
year i was dx'd was basically right around the time the big ol' huge (LOL)
meters came out that allowed me to toss those regeant strips that i had to
compare the beige and green colors on.... well, mine was alwasy almost black
so it didnt matter...LOL  everyone remember those?
i also remember a time when i only had one meter (which wasnt too long ago)
and i had gone out the night before and left it in my friend's car... that
next day was terrible!  i remember thinking i was low constantly and eating
and i just felt TOTALLY LOST!  that's why i have about 8 of them now... LOL
take care...and thanks for the great analogy!

gina, mr clicks (MM508) & mr pokey (FreeStyle meter)
dx'd 11/83..... pumping 2/01 and have never felt better  :O)