Re: [IP] Pregnancy - labor and delivery question/Julie

I had a regular L&D not a c-section (although both mine were induced). With
the first I went off my pump and had glucose and insulin drips. It was a
big mistake for me and I really regretted it.  With the second I stayed on
my pump, no glucose drip, and had much smoother bgs.  Both times I was in
the hospital for pre-eclampsia for about a week prior to dfelivery and the
nurses and docs were great about giving me complete control over my menu,
insulin doses, etc. They did ask me to report my numbers.
Another tip - I brought a whole bag full of snacks to treat lows or
supplement the hospital food. I couldn't stand waiting for them to bring me
something if I was a little low.  I would also order extra fresh fruit on
the menu and keep it in the nightstand for emergencies and snacking.
Oh, I'd also recommend your husband or labor support person wear a fanny
pack with your meter in it. My DH lost track of my meter bag in all the
excitement and it wass gone forever, even though it was only out of sight
for less than an hour. Once you go in that delivery room it seems like
there's no room made for personal possessions.
Also make sure you have a way to pin or clip your pump to a hospital gown.
They ended up taping mine to my leg because I was wearing only the hospital
gowns in the delivery room and they didn't have a pocket.

Betsy, age 34, Type 1 27 years, Disetronic 6 yrs,
mom to Rene 11/22/97 (delivered at 34 wks), Corrina 8/7/99 (delivered at 36
wks), and baby boy due in June.
email @ redacted

--On Monday, April 23, 2001 1:03 PM -0400 email @ redacted wrote:r