[IP] Re: Labor and delivery

I know I'm new, but having two kids, I can let you know my feelings on the
glucose IV during labor.  I don't remember what was done with ds (dear son)
10 years ago, but when I had dd (dear daughter) 30 months ago, I was
comfortable with letting them put me on an IV.  To be honest, I dealt with
the blood sugars and that was more than enough.  During labor I was in no
condition to consider what I should do about raising my bloodsugar while I
couldn't eat.  Having an IV meant that I could focus on my labor and that was
plenty.  As much as I encourage you to be on top of diabetes, remember that
you're going to be a mommy too!