[IP] used in pumps was

ON Sun, 22 Apr 2001 Sam Skopp <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re:used in pumps was [IP] PUMP DOCTOR DISAGREEMENT AT SEMINAR

>At 05:24 PM 4/22/2001 Linda Kelly wrote:
 >>What was used in pumps 15 yrs ago?

>Good question... I don't know. I've only been pumping for 3 years. However,

>maybe one of our members who go back to the "dawn" of pumping can answer
>that one.

I can tell you that 20 years ago we were using U40 regular insulin.  At some
point I developed
a horrible allergy or something to it (it just didn't work) and went on
(experimentally) on a U40
insulin made by Heachst for the German pump (which was an early early
disetronics pump apparently)

This later got replaced by one of the Novolin brothers when they came out
with the purified U100
stuff (and the pumps upgraded to accepting U100 insulin).  Since then it's
been a bait and switch
with each new (better) regular (analog regular) insulin derived.

as to 15 years ago exactly: my guess is that we already were at the U100
stage of Novalin waiting for
Humalog to come out